Monday 16 March 2015

A sweet little guide

Sometimes, a small kid can teach you an important lesson of life. Here, I'm sharing such an incidence from my life. I shifted to delhi in order to take coaching for competitive exams. As I was preparing so was not supoosed to worry about anything else.  It is said that only lucky ones get a government job easily. And as I wasn't lucky so it was taking long for me to taste success. I was frustrated because I tried but couldn't succeed and the thought of being an unemployed person too was somehow bothering me. During those days when I got bored, I used to take a break and go for an outing. 

One day I was coming back from such an Outing. I had just stepped out from the metro station. Suddenly a small kid caught my attention. He was sitting with a weight measuring scale and was writing something in a notebook. Don't know why but I couldn't stop myself and asked him,"Hey kid, what's your name?" He looked up and replied,"Raju. Do you wanna weight yourself? " I said,"Oh, no, no. I was wondering you are so small to handle both work and studies. Why don't you focus on your studies only?" He replied, "Di, we are a family of six members and I am the elder one. Though both of my parents are working but my work adds to our budget and everyday I earn enough money to purchase vegetables for one meal. And I get enough time here for my studies too. I am earning, while learning. " And he gave a wonderful smile loaded with a lot of self confidence. I was not able to react and frankly speaking to reply to his words wasn't possible for me at that time. I picked a ten rupee note from my pocket and put in his hand. "Only two rupees Di."He said. I said,"No bro this is for my little bro, keep it." "Okay I will, but you have to use my weighing scale for once." He requested. I nodded my head and did what he wanted. And left him with a sweet confident smile on his face.

I searched for an auto and during this whole journey, from metro station to my room, I thought in my mind that why was I behaving like a poor fellow who was totally dependent on her family? Why couldn't I be Raju? And then I started taking tuitions and tried to become a helping hand to my family.  I still remember how a small kid showed me the way to look up and live life independently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

लिखने बैठे...तो सोचा...

लिखने बैठे, तो सोचा, यूँ लिख तो और भी लेते हैं, ऐसा हम क्या खास लिखेंगे? कुछ लोगों को तो ये भी लगेगा, कि क्या ही होगा हमसे भला, हम फिर कोई ब...